We are looking for interns who are passionate about music and interested in a career in the music industry.
As an intern, you will learn the ins and outs of the marketing side of the music industry and PR. This is a hands-on internship to gain real experience.
We would like a three-month, 2 -3 days a week commitment, a minimum of 12 hours, with an immediate start date. The internship is for college credit and includes many perks including free music and entry to shows.
Publicity Intern responsibilities include: working closely with publicists to write promotional/press ready copy, pitch media outlets, construct press kits, compile media lists, press searches, updating the website, and much more.
By the end of the internship, Interns will have a better understanding of how the music business works, how a boutique PR firm runs, what a press release is and how to write one for the music industry, how to pitch and land 1 story, ability to identify tastemaker outlets and increase knowledge in various music genres.
This internship will be remote with regular in-person meetings. Intern must be able to be available during the times 9 AM – 5 PM.
- Must be enrolled in a 4 year college
- Passion for music
- Willingness to learn the music industry
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Understanding of editorial media including popular online community websites, blogs, and social networks
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
Must include in your cover letter the last three:
- Music concerts/shows you attended
- Albums you bought/downloaded/streamed or just enjoyed
- Music magazines/blogs you read
- Please send a cover letter on why you think you’re a fit and your resume to email@example.com.