For Immediate Release:
GRAMMY-Nominated Common Kings Announces Fall Tour Renamed to “Road to Maui Tour”
Plus Julian Marley and Sammy Johnson to Join for Select Dates!
The tour will showcase Common Kings’ new album ‘CELEBRATION’
Album features include, Marc E. Bassy, Sammy Johnson, Royal Blu, J Boog, Kabaka Pyramid, SpreadLof, Big Body Cisco, Demarco & More.
(Los Angeles, CA) – Captivating fans with their seductive island rhythms and pop-infused choruses, Common Kings have embarked on their Fall 2023 Tour in support of their new full-length offering– ‘CELEBRATION,’ out now.
Today they are proud to announce that in part, the tour will be a fundraiser to support Maui recovery efforts for families devastated from the Lāhainā fires. A portion of the proceeds from the newly renamed Road to Maui Tour will go to the Kīnā’ole Foundation’s Road to Maui Fund. Common Kings kicked off their tour at the end of August in the Big Island with a special stop at Lāhainā for an impromptu performance for residents and aid workers.
“It is with humble intentions we express our immediate desires to assist the people of Maui during this critical time. Together we are coordinating efforts with community leaders and Maui based organizations to develop a Road to Maui Campaign dedicated to providing immediate support and sustained contingency recovery efforts,” comments Common Kings.
They continue, “We invite our fans, family, and network to join us in our endeavors to restore spirits, revive communities, and rebuild the historic city of Lāhainā. Existing plans are in the works to end our Road to Maui Tour with a community event in Maui focused around rejuvenating spirits and fostering community resilience.”
While on tour they are due to perform with a variety of bands including the renowned Jamaican band Steel Pulse. However, in a recent announcement, due to uncertain logistical and external challenges, Steel Pulse were forced to pull off of the tour with Common Kings.
Nevertheless, in a short amount of time, Common Kings coordinated with CELEBRATION album collaborator Sammy Johnson and legendary Julian Marley to join the Road to Maui Tour for select west coast and midwest dates! In addition, American Idol winner Iam Tongi and Jakobs Castle will be supporting Common Kings on tour too. To find out more information and purchase tickets (+ the CELEBRATION VIP offering), head to commonkings.com/live.
The Road to Maui Tour will showcase music and merchandise from Common Kings’ new album CELEBRATION, out now via Mensch House/Island Empire Records.
Stream/Purchase ‘CELEBRATION’ HERE.
Music is the common bond for the Pacific Islanders that includes Samoan-born Hawaiian lead singer Sasualei “Junyer King” Maliga and Hawaii-raised Samoan guitarist Taumata “Mata” Grey; Fiji-born bassist Ivan “Uncle Lui” Kirimaua, and L.A.-born Tongan drummer Jerome “Big Rome” Taito. Together they have transcended their 2011 Polynesian reggae beginnings to achieve pop crossover success.
The full-length ‘CELEBRATION’ continues highlighting Common Kings’ seductive island rhythms and pop-infused choruses. JR comments, “Our take on reggae is more feel-good, fun and loving, relaxed in that Hawaiian way,” he continues, “We’re not a political band.”
Reflecting back on the new album JR says, “It’s a culmination of our careers, jamming 20 years, raising families, living life and making music, all of it coming together and being able to share that with the world.”
‘CELEBRATION’ is just that for Common Kings…a way to toast more than a decade of musical excellence and have a really good time doing it.
Connect with Common Kings:
- Sep 14, 2023 @ SOMO Village Event Center – Rohnert Park, CA
- Sep 15, 2023 @ The Cuthbert Amphitheater – Eugene, OR
- Sep 16, 2023 @ Marymoor Live – Redmond, WA
- Sep 17, 2023 @ Revolution Concert House – Boise, ID
- Sep 20, 2023 @ Granary Live – Salt Lake City, UT
- Sep 21, 2023 @ Fillmore Auditorium – Denver, CO
- Sep 22, 2023 @ WAVE – Wichita, KS
- Sep 23, 2023 @ The Big Top – St. Louis, MO
- Sep 24, 2023 @ Slowdown – Omaha, NE
- Sep 26, 2023 @ Uptown Theater – Minneapolis, MN
- Sep 27, 2023 @ Thalia Hall – Chicago, IL
- Sep 30, 2023 @ Wally’s – Hampton Beach, NH
- Oct 1, 2023 @ Aura – Portland, ME
- Oct 3, 2023 @ Big Night Live – Boston, MA
- Oct 4, 2023 @ Brooklyn Bowl – Brooklyn, NY
- Oct 6, 2023 @ Reggae Rise Up Music Festival – Las Vegas, NV
- Oct 8, 2023 @ Brooklyn Bowl Philadelphia – Philadelphia, PA
- Oct 11, 2023 @ The Stone Pony – Asbury Park, NJ
- Oct 12, 2023 @ The NorVA – Norfolk, VA
- Oct 13, 2023 @ Greenfield Lake Amphitheater – Wilmington, NC
- Oct 14, 2023 @ Rub-A-Dub Reggae Festival – Raleigh, NC
- Oct 15, 2023 @ Music Farm – Charleston, SC
- Oct 18, 2023 @ Terra Fermata – Stuart, FL
- Oct 19, 2023 @ Jannus Live – St. Petersburg, FL
- Oct 21, 2023 @ The Ranch – Ft. Myers, FL
- Oct 22, 2023 @ House of Blues – Orlando, FL
- Oct 28, 2023 @ Community Event TBA – Maui, HI
For details on the lineup for each date, visit commonkings.com/live.