Fall 2019 Internships
We are looking for interns who are passionate about music and interested in a career in the music industry.
As an intern, you will learn the ins and outs of the marketing side of the music industry and PR. This is a hands-on internship to gain real experience.
We would like a three-month, 2 -3 days a week commitment, minimum of 12 hours, with an August start date. The internship is unpaid (college credit available) – and many perks including free music, and entry to shows.
Publicity Intern responsibilities include: working closely with publicists to write promotional/press ready copy, pitch media outlets, mail press packages, construct press kits, compile media lists, press searches, updating the website, and much more.
By the end of the internship, Interns will have a better understanding of how the music business works, how a boutique PR firm runs, what a press release is and how to write one for the music industry, how to pitch and land 1 story, ability to identify tastemaker outlets, and increase knowledge in various music genres.
- Must be enrolled in a 4 year college
- Must have own source of transportation
- Passion for music
- Willingness to learn the music industry
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Understanding social media including: popular online community websites, blogs, and social networks
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
Include in your cover letter the last three:
- Music concerts/shows you attended
- Albums you bought/downloaded/streamed or just enjoyed
- Music magazines/blogs you read
Please send a cover letter on why you think you’re a fit and your resume to email@example.com.